Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Panasonic TC-42LD24 42" LED HDTV 1080p LCD 120Hz

Panasonic TC-42LD24 42" LED HDTV 1080p LCD 120Hz
  • To begin with I am a Panasonic fan based on several good experiences. I have both 50" and 54" plasma sets that are brilliant. I also have several Panasonic Blu-ray players and all have been trouble free. My daughter also has a 32" LCD Panasonic (720P) with iPod connect which also works great.I bought this TV because I wanted to try an LED TV because they are very thin and are efficient. I have the TV hung on the wall in our guest bedroom - it looks great. The picture is OK but the blacks are not at good as our plasma sets which are truly inky black. Otherwise the picture is great. I am pleased with the sound given the thinness of the TV. All of the other Panasonic goodness is…
  • I've had this TV for 2 days now. On the day it was delivered I had it setup and it seemed to work fine. There is an Eco setting that turns the TV off after 3 hours of inactivity which worked fine. I fell asleep with the TV on and it was off when I awoke in the morning as expected. The next day I customized the picture setup (brightness, contrast, etc.). Now the TV screen goes blank after about 10 minutes. No sound, no video, nothing. I went through all of the setup options and everything seemed to be setup correctly. I have no idea what is wrong. I purchased this at Costco because of the excellent price they were selling it for but I hope I didn't get a bad model. On Monday I will call customer…